Friday, September 28, 2012

The Past

I mentioned earlier that this will be the second children’s book that I compose. Two years ago, I took the opportunity to sit down and write something that meant a lot to me. It was an inspiration to me, if not anyone else. This story dealt directly with my passion in healthcare, children, and writing. It came from my involvement at a local hospital; I interned at the Scottsdale Healthcare emergency room. While I was there I would try to spend most of my time at the pediatric ward in the emergency department. I enjoyed my time taking care of the children and learning more about what actually occurred in the area. Even though the ward was filled with colorful walls and random scattered toys, the pediatric emergency room looked freighting. Children’s unfamiliarity made me realize that having a children’s book expressing these issues would make things comforting and if not, less freighting. Doing my literature review and research, no unique and informative ER children’s books were available. This led me to write and publish, “Curious Conditions: Emergency Room.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment